Friday 15 June 2018

Reggae star, Righteousman pays tribute to Ras Kimono:'There can never be another Ras Kimono'



 Righteousman 
Popular reggae star, cum Apostle, Righteousman Erhabor joined other well-meaning Nigerians and entertainers to pay tribute to late Ras Kimono, who died last Sunday after a brief illness. 
According to the singer, Ras Kimono never dies but lives on.
His words, "Ras Kimono is still a brother and he lives on . The physical Ras Kimono is no more but his spirit lives on. Kimono was an institution. He was more than a brother and he was always there for everybody. I thought of giving this testimony when he would be celebrating his 35 years on stage but it's a pity he's not here to hear this again from me. I remember about 25 years ago, when I had my second child I had no money to take care of my family. He was the only person I could run to at that critical time and he didn't hesitate to sign a cheque for me. And we have come a long way, the first ever collaboration Kimono ever did so many years ago 'Crazy Nation' was done with me. The album was released in Australia and it was a sold out album."
" So, Kimono should be celebrated for life and we are proud of associating ourselves with a good man who had a good heart. He came, he saw and he conquered. Trust me, he's not under pressure any more. One thing is that we make mistakes everyday. But I think the one mistake we should not make is losing our salvation. Kimono has found peace with God and God gave him time to reconcile himself with him. I was with him on Saturday when we prayed together. He was a believer and he died a believer. His music was life, impactful and evergreen. Kimono would always make sense because he does not promote sex or gangsterism. Everything about him was righteousness, continuousness, justice and peace. He was an advocate for the masses, a voice for the voiceless. Like I said, he is and still an institution. He is a case study, a subject that people must study. There is no replacement and there can never be another Ras Kimono."
Everything about us is always about music. And we actually planned to embark on so many projects. Even some recordings that were ongoing that we needed to finalise are still pending.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...