Friday 22 September 2017

I feel honoured for the role I played in grooming talents in Ajegunle

One of the frontline actresses, talk show hosts and directors in Nigeria, who conquered the screens in the 80s, Mabel Oboh has expressed profound gratitude to the organizers of the Ajegunle to the World Concert, which recently held at the Landmark Event Centre, Oniru, Lagos, for recognizing the imperative role she played in helping to groom the music stars that came out of Ajegunle.
Mabel is John Oboh a.k.a Mighty Mouse's sister. He was the man behind the creation of Ajegunle beat . She expressed her gratitude to the organizers while speaking with newsmen in Lagos.
For her, she never knew that the little help she gave to her brother to set up the first ever musical studio in the ghetto called, Jahoha Studios, where the likes of Daddy Showkey, Daddy Fresh, Baba Fyro, Marvellous Benji among other great stars were trained would later earn her a place in the history of the evolution of Ajegunle music.
"I never knew it would come to this. When I gave that financial support to my brother for me , it was a forgotten story. Believing in my brother and his dream, I felt that something was going to come out of it. But now, that they have recognized my contribution, I am really honoured. The support I was giving to my brother then, led to the grooming of great musicians in Nigeria. I am glad that I am alive to give this recognition award," Mabel, who recently announced her decision to stage a comeback to her first love- acting enthused.
On how the Jahoha Studios was established, Mabel disclosed that in 1991, her brother. Mighty Mouse approached her for financial assistance, saying he had a dream about AJ music. "
"Narrating, she said "My brother approached in 1991 , when I was in Ireland that he had a dream about AJ music. It was not that I had that kind of money at that time, but I went out of my way to buy the equipment for him to set up the studio. That gave birth to AJ Music. They feel that without that support I gave to my brother's dream, there wouldn't have been anything like AJ music today."
Mabel, who studied Criminologist at Bucks new University Buckinghamshire hit the limelight in the 80s, producing one of the popular sitcoms, “Victims” which ran on NTA for years and featuring at a time, Adiela Onyedibia’s adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s “Things Fall Apart”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...