Friday 1 June 2018

Serena Wiliams opens up on sisterhood, self-acceptance, others In Harper’s Bazaar UK’s July issue






Tennis star Serena Williams, in her cover feature for Harper’s Bazaar UK‘s July issue is talking about her pregnancy, habing more kids, and suffering from postpartum depression.

Read excerpts below:

On being pregnant: If I wasn’t playing tennis, I’d be pregnant right now – sorry, I’m one of those women. I’ve been injured so many times, and played on it, my body is used to adjusting.

On if she wants more kids: I told Alexis I hope it’s another girl. Olympia needs a little sister, and then we can have a boy. I’ve only been around girls my whole life.

On suffering from postpartum depression following the birth of her daughter: Honestly, sometimes I think I still have to deal with it. I think people have to talk about it more because it’s almost like the fourth trimester, it’s part of the pregnancy. I remember one day, I couldn’t find Olympia’s bottle and I got so upset I started crying…because I wanted to be perfect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...