Friday 1 June 2018

Gloria Ibru dropping three albums in a row



Gloria Ibru, daughter of business mogul Michael Ibru, who has been in the Nigerian entertainment industry for over 30 years, nurturing younger acts to stardom without releasing any album of her own recently announced plans to drop three albums simultaneously before the end of the year.
Gloria broke this good news, while in a chat with nollytainment  recently. “I'm planning to drop three albums at the same time. And it will happen before the end of the year to make up for the 30 years I have been on stage,” she hinted.
The popular entertainer, said at first, music to me was never about an album. Stressing further, Gloria said “It was about making people happy, entertaining them. You combine the stage and you see people smiling while you are performing, that was enough for me. Though it's taking me a while to drop the album, I am working on it now. This is not because I am an album person, but because it will be the record of my life. That after I am no more, my children's children can pick up the album and say this is what our grandmother did during her time. I am a stage person. I just want to combine the stage and entertain my audience.”
However, describing her foray into music as 'a sweet-bitter experience', Gloria revealed that her forthcoming albums would be a blend of highlife, calypso and jazz music. You will get jazz, highlife and calypso fusion. That's why it's taking a long time to drop an album because it's going to be completely highlife,” she added .
Two of the albums, according to Gloria, who already has a music video in the market titled “Sugar Mama”, will be dropped in Europe, while the third album will be dropped in Nigeria.
Despite being born with a silver spoon in her mouth,Gloria said she's doing music not just to make money but also, it's her passion. She added, “Music has been everything to me. Sometimes, you are rich and at the other times, you are broke. Sometimes, I hate it, sometimes, I want to quit and sometimes, I ask myself why do want to quit? This is what you love to do.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...