Monday 18 September 2017

Stephanie Okereke's 'Dry' for discussion at UN




Top actress, Stephanie Okekere-Linus is currently in New York, where her advocacy movie, “Dry”| is in the spotlight.
The actress shared the good news on her social media handle. She wrote, “ This is great news!
When I started advocating fistula awareness, one of my focus, as a filmmaker, was to spread the word and create the necessary awareness, pricking the ignorance surrounding the ailment. I did Dry, the movie, because film and pictures are still the most powerful tools for building discussions and engaging people, especially when it is a subject as sensitive as VVF. The next step was to get on as many platforms to speak. All of these efforts – film and speaking, came only after I had seen the damage this ailment causes young girls and even old women. Years have gone into helping victims deal with their pain.
“In all of this, I had also imagined the importance of being at the UN to address this issue. Mainly because the UN is such a huge platform, and the messages shared on this platform reaches places my single effort will not be able to reach.

So here I am at the UN in New York, getting ready to speak on Dry, a movie that took me a great amount of time to shoot and perfect. It’s a good feeling. People are coming from all across the world for the events lined up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...