Tuesday 18 April 2017

I have been a fashion designer for 24years, reveals US-based Nigerian actress







 Bridget John is a US-based Nigerian actress cum producer who is known for her excellent role interpretation in  movies.  But it wasn't acting that actually  brought her into limelight, rather it was fashion designing. 
The fair-complexioned beauty said that she has been into fashion designing business for more than 24 years now. According to her, she started creating her own designs which caught the attention of her friends at the age of 13. Since then, she has not looked back as she has continued to design thousands of beautiful outfits locally and internationally. 
"In all you do, believe in your dreams and follow your passion. As a child I loved to sew. I would use my mother's hand sewing machine to make tops. At 13, I began to create my own designs which caught the attention of my friends, and they began placing their orders. It was fun, in addition I made money, N2.00 per top to be precise, which was less than a dollar."
"After graduating from college, I wanted more than just a 9 to 5 office job. I soon realized that was not for me, so I decided to open up my own  fashion designing  business. With little knowledge of professional sewing I hired a tailor and worked as his apprentice. In nine months,I had five other tailors, and four apprentices. Since then I have designed thousands of beautiful outfits locally and internationally. This is a passion turned career, and I have enjoyed every bit of the 24 years journey in the business as a professional," Bridget revealed. 
Bridget, however,  named some Hollywood and Nollywood actors, preachers, entertainers and government officials as her major clients, adding that despite putting in more years in her fashion designing business, acting remains  her "get away." Bridget, who apparently registered her presence in the Nigerian fashion industry since 1993, has been doing the business by the side, while acting took the shine off her. 
"Acting to me is my get away. It's therapy for me. It takes me from my everyday life into someone else's," she added.  Bridget is the brain behind the award- winning film, Adora, which she released into the market about two years ago.  Last year, she featured in three movies namely, "Being Mary Jane", a  TV series, "Blue Shade", and "Eze nda la in America" with Zubby Michael and directed by Ikechukwu Onyeka, to prove those who

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...