Friday 3 March 2017

I'm done with football politics, Amos Adamu declares ...says I want to serve God

If the news from Brila FM is anything to believe then former Nigerian football Chief, Amos Adamu may have thrown in the towel. The embattled football administrator is said to have declared that he's through with football politics.
“I'm done with football politics, my focus has changed. I want to devote my time to do other things, I want to serve God so I'm back to the school of Theology,” Adamu is quoted as saying.
Adamu's decision to step aside is coming few days after FIFA slammed another ban on him for breaching their code of conduct.
FIFA said, the adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee, chaired by Hans-Joachim Eckert, decided to ban the former FIFA Executive Committee member, CAF Executive Committee member and West Africa Football Union (WAFU) boss for two years from taking part in any football-related activity at national and international level.
According to him, his sins with FIFA is that Hayatou said he cannot hand CAF over to anybody but Nigeria's Adamu and the FIFA officials say they don't trust Nigeria because the Nigerian govt gave FIFA the go ahead to spend money during the 2009 U-17 World Cup, promising to pay back but when they brought the bill then President Yar'Adua refused to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...