Friday 17 March 2017

I am humbled, Mercy Johnson declares on her new appointment by Kogi Gov




NOLLYWOOD actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie has commented on her new political appointment, saying 'Í am humbled.' She was, Tuesday, appointed as the new senior special adviser to the Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello on Entertainment, Arts and Culture.
The star actress took to her Instagram page, yesterday, to share this exciting news as well as show gratitude to the governor, his wife, fans and her husband. “I am gratified with the official notification reaching me on my appointment as the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Governor of Kogi State on entertainment, arts and culture.
"I am humbled, as I duly acknowledge this attending responsibility to serve my great state with the modest experience I have gathered over the years.
"With depth of gratitude, I want to thank the Governor of Kogi State; Alhaji Yahaya Bello and his wife, the first lady of Kogi State, Mrs Rashida Bello for this unparalleled opportunity to serve. My endless gratitude goes to my husband, Prince Odianosen Okojie for giving me his consent, knowing fully the sacrifices and adaptations he will have to put up with. To all my family, friends, colleagues and fans, thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. I am eternally grateful to Almighty God, to Him be all the glory,” she wrote on her Instgram page.
The mother of three was appointed along with 62 others in a statement issued in Lokoja, Tuesday, by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Dr. Folashade Ayoade. The appointments take effect from April 1, the statement said.
According to Ayoade, the rationale for the appointments was to “fill key positions with the right people and to broaden inclusiveness in governance by bringing people from more communities on board.”
Meanwhile, Tonto Dikeh is one of Mercy Johnson's colleagues who have congratulated her on her new appointment when she left a comment on her page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iyabo Ojo laments increasing hardship in Nigeria

 Social Media influencer and actress Iyabo Ojo has lamented the worsening living condition in the country, warning that if we don't get ...